Call for Applications
Join the project Bridging European and Local Climate Action (BEACON), get inspired and make it happen!
Do you want to put your city on a sustainable path? Get inspired and join the project ‘Bridging European and Local Climate Action (BEACON)’ with other European municipal representatives.
Municipalities are now able to submit their applications for the three-year project directly online: Scroll down to find the links to the online forms in the respective languages. Deadline was 13 July 2018.
Project Duration: August 2018 – March 2021
What are the benefits for my city?
- Increased knowledge and know-how through participation in 6 workshops, in which small groups of participants explore specific issues related to climate protection and local development
- New impulses for the development and implementation of municipal low-emission projects
- On-the-job coaching and advisory services for the development and implementation of specific projects, incl. technical, process-related and funding issues
- Networking with German and European municipalities and experts
- Visible presentation of local actions at two European municipal conferences
- Possibility to further develop and stimulate an existing partnership with a German municipality
- Reduction of CO2 emissions and energy consumption
Criteria for application
- Planned or implemented commitment in the areas of mobility & traffic, renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy poverty alleviation, education, air pollution control, sustainable urban planning etc.
- Ideas or concrete plans for low emission projects
- One contact person or team of contact persons for the duration of the project. This or these persons should feel comfortable undertaking simple communication with peer municipal representatives and our team in English, when needed (e.g. emails). For in-depth discussions, translation will be provided. Our partner institution in your country will of course communicate with you in your mother tongue language.
- Willingness to travel within the framework of the mentioned events
- If applicable: existing partnership with a German city
- If applicable: schools interested in energy savings and climate protection projects
How to apply:
Municipalities are invited to submit their application by filling out an online application form:
- Poland: Online application form. Contact: Iwona Korohoda: iwona.korohoda∂pnec.org.pl – Stowarzyszenie Gmin Polska Sieć „Energie Cités” (PNEC)
- Romania: Online application form. Contact: Irina Tatu: irina.tatu∂oer.ro – Oraşe Energie România (OER)
- Czech Republic: Online application form. Contact: Natalie Anisimova: natalie.anisimova∂svn.cz – SEVEn
- Greece: Online application form. Contact: Evi Tzanakaki: etzanak∂cres.gr – ΚΑΠΕ (CRES)
- Portugal: Online application form. Contact: Gil Penha-Lopes: gil.penha-lopes∂fc.ul.pt – FCiencias.ID – FCUL
Deadline for applications: 13.07.2018
For questions, please contact: Lisa Schneider beacon∂adelphi.de