Included in the “Fit for 55” package, proposed by the EU Commission to help fulfill the goals of the Green Deal, is the extension of the emissions trading system to the buildings and transport sectors (ETS II), seeing as that they account for almost 60% of the EU’s emissions. However, the proposed instrument has been met with reluctancy within the Union. The concerns surrounding the ETS II and appropriate solutions will be discussed by three experts from CEE in our web seminar.
- Constanze Haug, Executive Board Member at adelphi and Co-Leader of adelphi’s carbon pricing programme
- Aleksander Śniegocki, Chief Executive Officer at the Polish Reform Institute
- Kateřina Davidová, Project Coordinator at the Czech Center for Transport and Energy
- Andreea Vornicu-Chira, Expert at the Romanian Center for the Study of Democracy
- Michael Themann, Policy Officer at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK)
Please note, that this web seminar will be recorded.