The Workshop consists of two sessions:
Session 1: Thursday 24th September 2020, 12:00-15:30 CEST (Open for all EUKI-Community)
Block 1: Understanding education for sustainable development (ESD) with a focus on climate action, exchange of good practice examples and discussion with experts
- What is the goal of ESD and the (international) implementation thereof in relation to climate change and climate action?
- What are the possibilities to improve climate education and awareness in the context of ESD content, methods or infrastructure
Block 2: Small working groups:
- How can examples of good practice be implemented in the local context?
Block 3: Discussion on the upcoming questions
- Why should ESD be promoted in schools?
- What benefits does ESD have for climate action and climate protection?
Session 2: Friday 25th September 2020, 09:00-12:00 CEST (Only for the participants from Czech, Romania and Bulgaria)
Country specific program and topics on the background of education for sustainable development; method based on the “World Café-Method”.
- Czech Republic: Climate protection programs in the context of ESD
- Romania: Digitalisation, sustainability (Where are the opportunities and risks of digitization in relation to the transformation to a sustainable society?)
- Bulgaria: Climate neutrality (How can ESD content, methods, and infrastructure be applied to achieve climate protection?)
Registration: You will receive the link to the virtual Workshop hold on Zoom combined with your confirmation for participation. We are looking forward to see you there.
About the project:
Bridging European and Local Climate Action (BEACON) is a project promoting climate action and facilitating an exchange between national governments as well as municipalities and schools in Europe. The aim of the project is to strengthen bi- and multilateral cooperation and create common ambition to realise the Paris Agreement.