28. März 2022 - Green Rural Deal: How Rural Regions in the Western Balkans Fight for a Zero-Carbon Economy
Municipalities in Europe’s rural regions are facing shrinking and ageing of their population, a shortage of skilled workers and, simultaneously, a high level of unemployment. The EUKI project Green Rural Deal wants to stop this appalling development.
Monday, 28 March 2022
Wuppertal Institute, Germanwatch, Balkan Green Foundation, RES Foundation and Local Government Association of Western Macedonia are working in a bottom-up co-creational process in three target regions: Community of Kamenica, Priboj and Western Macedonia.
During the event, the project partners will share insights and challenges from their regions on the way to a zero-carbon economy. Participants will have the opportunity to actively contribute and share their perspective and experience.
● Katja Witte, Project manager of ‘Green Rural Deal’, Vice-Director of division „Future Energy and Industry Systems“ at Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy
● Rinora Gojani, Program and Operation Manager at Balkan Green Foundation, Region: Community of Kamenica
● Tanja Popovicki, Program Manager at RES Foundation – Region: Priboj
● Lefteris Topaloglou, Scientific Consultant of LGA Western Macedonia, Associate Professor of University of Western Macedonia – Region: Western Macedonia
To watch highlights from this seminar please visit EUKI Short: Green Rural Deal.
Here you can find a short written summary.