Report on Increasing Acceptance for Wind Energy Projects
This report by EUKI project Wind4Bio looks into good practices for enhancing civil society engagement in wind energy projects. It focuses on five key areas:
- Participatory planning and permitting procedures models
- Collective initiatives for biodiversity protection and local ecosystem preservation
- Awareness raising and communication strategies
- Mechanisms and fora for local community consultations
- Consensus building and joint financial planning.
By examining successful case studies and expert recommendations, this study offers policy recommendations to both policy makers and project planners. Furthermore, implementing these recommendations, policy makers and project planners can foster social acceptance of wind energy projects, increase collective environmental preservation, as well as sustainable development. Ultimately, the study aims to contribute to a holistic and inclusive approach to wind energy that aligns with community needs and effectively promotes civic engagement in mitigating the adverse effects of wind farms.